Senior Avaloq Engineer
Our team of industry experts, designers and architects are partnering with our clients to develop new disruptive and digitally supported business models and services. As experts along the Investment Management value chain our focus lies on strategy, service design through to implementation, where our interdisciplinary teams are supporting our clients to shape the future of the industry.
You will be surrounded by smart, highly capable professionals who are passionate about building the next generation of innovative products and services to address the upcoming challenges faced by the Wealth Management industry.
We are now looking for a dynamic and energetic Avaloq Engineer with a passion for Financial Services and the ability to both identify challenges and opportunities within our client’s business and think outside the box to reimagine product and service solutions that will shape the future of the industry. You are going to work with one of our prestigious banking clients, a global private bank, to help them with a major core-banking transformation project. The setup is global but will be mainly served out of Switzerland.
- As a Senior Avaloq Egineer, you lead the entire development process from requirements engineering, system design proposal and development up to testing assistance. You collaborate closely with our clients for regular development work and in the course of implementing solutions in a broader project context.
- Own and develop software solutions in Avaloq and surrounding applications
- Improve and maintain existing tailored solutions in Avaloq
- Assist and consult our business owners in the definition of functional requirements
- Act as technical project lead in your area of responsibility; govern testing campaigns and activities for solutions developed in your domain
- Coordinate your work with developers in related areas as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Plan and manage the development pipeline in your area of responsibility
- Train junior members of the team and provide guidance to other developers
What we offer:
- Be part of a fast-growing fintech and product design startup.
- Clear focus on the financial industry with emphasis on wealth and asset management and advisory and investment topics.
- Small project teams offering direct contact to client-side management, a high level of personal autonomy, and extensive cooperation with both the client’s internal team as well as other external project participants.
- Membership in a dynamic group of professionals and flat hierarchy with direct contact to partners and experienced consultants with extensive personal networks within the Swiss and international financial services industry.
- Rich professional development opportunities including explicit knowledge sharing
- A commitment from us for a true work-life-balance, and exciting projects.
- Consulting projects with minimal travel involved and work from home possibilities.
- Focus on strong, sustainable performance instead of cyclical burn-out.
- Competitive remuneration and participation in company’s success.
- Individual training benefits
What you need:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, software engineering or related discipline
- Strong software development knowledge, especially in Avaloq
- Solid understanding of banking and finance
- Willingness to take responsibility proactively across the whole development lifecycle
- Ability to work independently, in a team and with various stakeholders
- Business fluent in English
Desirable, but not essential
- Additional qualifications such as CFA, CAIA, RFM, PMP, SCRUM or SAFe.
- Working experience at a consultancy, bank or digital agency.
- Experience with Miro, Figma, Sketch, PowerPoint or Keynote, Excel, Matlab