Director User Experience Design
Zurich, Switzerland On-site
Responsible for creating design solutions which address client requirements. As a Designer, you'll share knowledge and collaborate with your team to address ambiguous, complex problems and projects. You'll apply Design Thinking and methods to uncover user and business requirements in the context of the technical landscape; while evaluating the effectiveness and adequacy of existing/proposed solutions. It is expected that you will work with a senior team member to establish priority, fidelity and delivery of tasks.
- Work closely with team and project stakeholders including end-users to define project vision, and prioritise and complete activities that help achieve the shared vision
- Some projects will require Service Thinking methods to support wider digital landscapes
- Estimate efforts and plan activities that successfully drive agreed project outcomes
- Lead client engagements from a perspective of collaboration,
- communicating design rationale and recommending solutions
- Lead activities to identify, validate and complete actionable insights, including but not limited to artefacts such as: sketches, journeys, scenarios,
- flows, interaction models, wireframes
- Lead the analysis, organisation, synthesis and validation of findings through iterative design such as prototyping
Skills we are looking for:
- You have 8 - 10 years start-up, agency, studio or in-house experience, with a strong creative portfolio.
- Financial services experience and a
- Formally trained, experienced practitioner of User Centred Design (UCD), Customer life-cycle and related methods, including but not limited to experience in: design thinking related activities, Agile and Scrum related practice.
- Experience across the end-to-end UX process including: problem definition, research, information architecture, interaction design, design strategy, prototyping and product testing.
- Experience in leading the evaluation of existing systems.
- A cross-disciplinary approach to problem solving in teamwork with Visual Design, Development, Strategy and other relevant specialisms.
- Experience in prototyping concepts from low (paper prototype) to high (in collaboration with Visual / Development) fidelity stages, based on project needs.
- The understanding of how to structure a design file and work into a UX toolkit, what makes a full design system, so these practices ensure a product can scale effectively with design and development completely aligned.
- The ability to understand technical implications in their design decisions.
- The ability to take ownership of design process and work as self-directed member.
- Have strong communication skills, with the ability to present and articulate design decisions to the team.
What you will be doing:
- Working with the partners of Fintama directly
- Working within the product and business teams to define the clients’ and the business problems
- Leading product and design teams for your area of the bank.
- Building pitch narratives and storytelling
- Validating the design solutions to prepare for development
- Apply accessibility standards and specs across the experience
- Identifying success metrics
- Running user testing workshops and guerrilla testing
- Building high-fidelity designs
- Participating in ongoing design reviews and iterations during the sprint.
- Reviewing the performance of the release and identify learnings and build hypotheses
- Contributing to the design system
- Always keeping in mind our client and their interests
Nice to haves:
- Technical higher education: BS/MS in Digital Design or a related field
- Some experience in programming and ability to code simple prototypes
- Strong experience in designing and maintaining cross-platform design systems
- Experience working in a fast pace and international environment
- Design tools: Sketch, Figma, Adobe Suite
- Prototyping: InVision, Principle
- Collaboration: Jira, Confluence, Jabber, Teams
What we offer
- A growing company with start-up flair founded by international experts with different backgrounds from banking, design and technology.
- Clear focus on the financial industry with emphasis on wealth and asset management and advisory and investment topics.
- Small project teams offering direct contact to client-side management, a high level of personal autonomy, and extensive cooperation with both the client’s internal team as well as other external project participants.
- Membership in a dynamic group of professionals and flat hierarchy with direct contact to partners and experienced consultants with extensive personal networks within the Swiss and international financial services industry.
- Rich professional development opportunities including explicit knowledge sharing as well as formal training.
- Consulting projects with minimal travel involved and remote possibilities.
- Focus on strong, sustainable performance instead of cyclical burn-out.
- Above-average remuneration and participation in company’s success.
- We expect this role to begin in January 2022.
Fintama is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, of have any concerns about the application process, please contact us.